Monday, February 6, 2012

Cookbook review: The Flavour Bible


I've grown a decent library of cookbooks over the years, but the Flavour Bible has possibly been used one of the most, and has proved invaluable whenever presented with a creative "cooking block".  As inspiring as a great cookbook can be, no chef wants to rip off someone's work.  This book doesn't have that many actual recipes, rather it acts as an index of food products and groups them with complementary flavours.  One day at work, my chef came to me saying that we had just bought a case of beautiful apricots, and we needed to put together an apricot feature menu.  When I came home, I cracked the bible and scoured the apricot section, cross referencing with products I knew we had on hand and wrote an original menu within a few hours.

Definitely one of my favorite books - CHECK IT OUT HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Impressions, thoughts, comments? Let me know.